Deciding to seek advice from a Infertility specialist is an important step in your journey towards motherhood. Infertility treatment can be emotionally and physically demanding, but it can also bring new hope to many who are struggling to conceive. At Metro IVF centre our aim is to be partners in your jouney towards parenthood. Our qualified and committed doctors and staff works to foresee your needs and react to them quickly and professionally. Here we provide you with significant information as you consider infertility treatment. We want you to explore our program and welcome any questions you may have.
When should you consider seeing a fertility specialist?
- If you are under 35 years old and have attempted to become pregnant for 3-4 years.
- If you are over 35 years old and have attempted to become pregnant for six months or more
- If you have had four or more unsuccessful cycles of IUI
- If you are in premature menopause naturally or as a result of chemotherapy or surgery
- If you have been told you will need assistance to conceive due to hysterectomy, blocked tubes, uterine damage, egg quality issues or problems with ovulation
- If you have had two or more miscarriages If you have a family history of genetic diseases such as chromosomal translocation, Huntington disease, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Sickle Cell Anemia or Cystic Fibrosis.
- If you have an FSH level of 10 or higher.
About Metro Infertility Centre
Metro Infertility Centre provides the full range of services, from simple evaluations and recommendations to state-of-the-art reproductive technologies. Patients are seen in a caring environment, where the major emphasis is placed not only on technological excellence but also on personal attention and emotional support.
Our Specialized Services
- Counseling and evalution of Infertile couple
- Management of Male and female factors Infertility
- Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Surgical sperm retrieval for Azoospermia
- Egg & Sperm Donation
- Cryo preservation prior to Cancer treatment
- Oocyte freezing
- Embryo Freezing (Slow Freezing & Vitrification)
The infertile couples must undergo a set of advance tests before the commencement of any treatment to select the right kind of fertility treatment for couples based on the initial reports.
What is IVF?
It is a process where eggs are removed from the ovaries of the female, at the same time sperms are collected from the male partner. Collected eggs and sperms are made to fertilize in the laboratory and the embryo (fertilized egg) is then placed in the woman’s womb to make her conceive.
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is procedure of placing a sperm directly in woman’s uterus to facilitate fertilization. IUI increases the chances of fertilization
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a technique to treat male infertility, in this procedure single sperm is directly injected into a mature egg.
- Sperm Donation –It is beneficial in case where male partner has low sperm count and quality. Sperms from some other man are taken and fused with eggs of the female partner to facilitate pregnancy.
- Egg Donation – Egg Donation – Egg donation is a third party reproduction procedure as part of assisted reproductive technology. It is the process in which another woman donates eggs (eggs are fertislised and implanted in the womb of desired mother) to enable infertile woman to conceive. Fertile couple seeks a woman who would donate eggs.
- Embryo Donation – It is a third party reproduction where embryo is developed by fusing the sperm and eggs of the donor couple and the embryo is implanted in the uterus of female partner.
- Surrogacy –Women or couples who choose surrogacy often do so because they are unable to conceive due to a missing or abnormal uterus, have experienced multiple pregnancy losses, or have had multiple in vitro fertilization attempts that have failed. The advantage of gestational surrogacy to the parents is that the embryo is created from the woman’s egg and the man’s sperm, so it is biologically theirs.